Making a 100% Shielded Cable
Use the following steps to build a 100% shielded cable:
1. Strip approximately 5/8 inch of insulation from your custom cable to expose the
2. Remove the male Pin 1 from any connector plugging directly into an older version
remote baseplate (IC693CHS393E, IC693CHS399D, or earlier).
3. Put split-ring ferrule over cable insulation (Figure 10-17).
4. Fold the shield back over top of the cable insulation and ferrule.
5. Place the collar of the metal hood over top of the folded shield and securely clamp
6. Test your cable for continuity between both connector shells. Connect an ohmmeter
between the shells and flex the cable at both ends. If the metalized connector hood
is not making proper contact with the cable shield at either end, the connection will
show intermittent continuity on the ohmmeter.
7. Plug the metal hooded cable onto a remote baseplate expansion port connector or
into a GE Fanuc WYE cable and securely tighten the two screws. Installing and
tightening the screws will electrically connect the shield to the remote baseplate
frame ground, which should in turn should be connected to earth ground as
instructed in the “Installation” chapter, under the heading “Baseplate Safety
Warning: include_once(/js/tracking.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/series/revision.php on line 248
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/js/tracking.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/series/revision.php on line 248